The Aon Maadi Cup regatta is the National Championships for school rowing in New Zealand. Run by the NZSSRA and Rowing New Zealand, it is New Zealand's largest rowing regatta, alternating annually between Lake Karapiro in Cambridge and Lake Ruataniwha in Twizel.
The 2019 New Zealand Secondary School Championships (Aon Maadi Cup) will be held at Lake Karapiro from 24th-30th March 2019 (Sunday 31st March until 12pm is the spare day).
Karapiro Rowing Inc are the hosts of the regatta at Lake Karapiro and are a group of tireless volunteers, we thank them hugely for their efforts in putting on the regatta!
The week long programme is scheduled as follows:
- Sunday 24th - Parade in Cambridge (parade walk starts at 12:45pm), Safety Meeting 4pm & NZSSRA AGM 5pm at the Sir Don Rowlands Centre
- Monday 25th - Heats begin
- Tuesday 26th - Heats conclude and all Repechages begin
- Wednesday 27th - Repechages end, quarter-finals, E&F Finals
- Thursday 28th - Semi-finals, C&D Finals
- Friday 29th - A&B Finals (events 1-26)
- Saturday 30th - A&B Finals (events 27-52)
- Sunday 31st - spare day (until 12pm)
Over 2000 competitors from 120 schools are expected and around 10,000 people watch the finals from the bank.
This section provides all the information you need to know about the event including the history, how to enter, and important details about the regatta.
Watching the Aon Maadi Cup
Can't attend the event? Don't worry, there will be a live webcast on the Thursday/Friday/Saturday so don't miss any of the action! Check out the live stream here.
SKYSport will be broadcasting a 2019 Aon Maadi Cup Highlights package during the week following the regatta.