The Aon Maadi Cup regatta is the National Championships for school rowing in New Zealand. Run by the NZSSRA and Rowing New Zealand, it is New Zealand's largest rowing regatta, alternating annually between Lake Karapiro in Cambridge and Lake Ruataniwha in Twizel.
The 2021 New Zealand Secondary School Championships (Aon Maadi Cup) will be held at Lake Karapiro from 22 March - 27 March 2021 (Sunday 28 March until 12pm is the spare day).
Karapiro Rowing Inc are the hosts of the regatta at Lake Karapiro and are a group of tireless volunteers, we thank them hugely for their efforts in putting on the regatta!
The week long programme is scheduled as follows:
- Sunday - Parade (parade walk starts at 12:45pm), Safety Meeting 4pm & NZSSRA AGM 5pm at the Don Rowlands Centre
- Monday - Heats begin
- Tuesday - Heats conclude and all Repechages begin
- Wednesday - Repechages end, quarter-finals, E&F Finals
- Thursday - Semi-finals, C&D Finals
- Friday - A&B Finals (events 1-26)
- Saturday - A&B Finals (events 27-52)
- Sunday - spare day (until 12pm)
Over 2000 competitors from 120 schools are expected and around 10,000 people watch the finals from the bank.
This section provides all the information you need to know about the event including the history, how to enter, and important details about the regatta.
Watching the Aon Maadi Cup
Can't attend the event? Don't worry, there will be a live webcast on the Thursday/Friday/Saturday so don't miss any of the action! Live stream details will be posted closer to the time.
SKY Sport will be broadcasting a 2021 Aon Maadi Cup Highlights package during the week following the regatta.